The Grove Arcade was built by E.W. Grove, who is also the creator of the historic Grove Park Inn. The Grove Arcade was completed in 1929, two years after E.W. Grove passed away. “Tenants included candy and cigar stores, a haberdashery, a public stenography office, fruit stands, millinery shops, beauty parlors and barbershops, a photography center, bookstalls and specialty groceries.” Read more about this fine piece of architecture on The Grove Arcade’s web site.
See it on flickr, too